Our photograph shows the Quin & Axtens building before its 1926/7 rebuild. The “new” building was largely destroyed by wartime bombing in 1941. It was rebuilt from the remaining shell after the war with offices above shops – the building we see today. Now known more prosaically as 414-426 Brixton Road, it is facing another major change. The owners are staging an exhibition of proposals for a revamp of the space with retail, office and leisure uses and a new hotel. The exhibition will be open on the 10th & 11th December from 4 to 8 pm in the basement of the building, accessed through the “Brixton Mall”. These proposals will need the closest scrutiny as major changes to this landmark site must have a significant impact on Brixton.